World Olympians Association
Our aim is to empower Olympians to deliver projects that serve needs the needs of Olympians and help them to spread the spirit of Olympism in their countries.
One of the ways we do this is via the World Olympians Association Grants Programme, which annually distributes funding under the following three categories:
- NOA Development – $1,000USD grants per annum
- Service to Olympians - 5 x $5,000USD grants per annum
- Service to Society - 5 x $5,000USD grants per annum
Since 2016, WOA has given more than 120 grants to support NOAs.
Service to Society
The Service to Society Grant offers NOAs the opportunity to apply for one of five U.S. five thousand-dollar (US$5,000) grants to help drive sustainable, Olympian-led community projects and initiatives. The aim of the scheme, which was first launched in November 2016, is to empower Olympians to deliver projects that help their communities and are aligned with the promotion of the Olympic values. WOA funded projects which have aimed to address, social cohesion, environment and sustainability, obesity prevention and sport development. Applications open on 17 April 2019.
Service to Olympians
The Service to Olympians Grant has been established to support Olympians off the field of play. The scheme offers five U.S. five thousand-dollar (US$5,000) grants to fund programmes that support the ongoing development of Olympians. This could include skill building and education workshops for Olympians (media training, resume / CV building etc), reunion activities to celebrate Games anniversaries, or creation of digital platforms to engage NOA members. Applications open on 17 April 2019.
All NOAs are eligible to apply for the NOA Development Grant which supports regular programming as well as the administrative and operational costs associated with the NOA. Applications open for NOA Development Grants in January and remain open until WOA has award 30 x 1000USD grants.
|17 April 2019
||Applications Open for 2019 WOA Grants Programme
|30 June 2019
||Applications Close for 2019 WOA Grants Programme
|15 July 2019
||NOAs will be notified of application outcome
- Projects must be Olympian-led
- Projects must be delivered within 12 months
- Joint applications from NOAs and NOCs are encouraged
How well does the project:
- Benefit Olympians or local communities in a measurable way
- Provide opportunities for future or recurring engagement
How well does the project align with the Olympic values?
Project Design / Delivery
How well does the project:
- Define its mission and objectives
- Identify its target audience and how to reach them
- Provide a detailed and appropriate budget / financial strategy