More benefits for Olympians discussed at WOA General Assembly
28 | 10 | 2020
WOA’s first-ever online General Assembly successfully concluded on Thursday 22 October with participation from 108 countries around the world.
96 NOAs and more than 180 Olympians reflected on WOA’s progress, re-elected Joël Bouzou OLY as WOA President and heard from IOC President and WOA Honorary President, Thomas Bach OLY.
The General Assembly was told that to increase opportunities and benefits for Olympians over the next four years, WOA will:
- Host OLY House at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Beijing 2022 and Paris 2024 in line with IOC’s vision to deliver the Games fit for the evolving Covid world
- Expand the popular OLY scheme which now has more than 13,500 registered Olympians worldwide
- Organise the next World Olympians Forum
- Increase the number of grants for Olympian-led projects
- Introduce WOA development officers in Africa followed by Europe
You can view the full WOA Executive Committee election results HERE.
Get in touch with your NOA if you would like to find out more and learn how WOA can support you as an Olympian.