Visit OLY House Tokyo 2020 and Leave your Mark
21 | 7 | 2021
You can now visit the first-ever online OLY House to connect and celebrate with your fellow Olympians during Games-time.
Kicking off OLY House Tokyo 2020, the Leave your Mark initiative enables you to forever be a part of Tokyo 2020 by joining Olympians around the world in thanking all those involved in making the Games a success by signing our online autograph collection. An exclusive souvenir poster made from the autographs can be downloaded by you after the Games as a permanent memory of your contribution.
OLY House Tokyo 2020 is the online destination for you and Olympians of all ages, nations and sports to call your own during Games-time and builds on our award winning in-person programmes at previous Games. We’ll be hosting a series of online activities and events during Tokyo 2020, including:
- Leave your Mark – Offering you and Olympians around the world the chance to forever be part of Tokyo 2020
- OLY Day – National Olympians Association-led celebrations to welcome back Olympians returning from Tokyo during and in the weeks following the Games
- Olympians for Life – Honouring the achievements of five Olympians who have excelled at the Games and in their lives following retirement from elite sport
- Be OLY – Encouraging new Olympians competing at Tokyo 2020, alongside any Olympian of any age, to join the unique OLY initiative
- International Day of Friendship – Inspiring Olympians all over the world to reconnect with teammates and competitors from years gone by through the incredible story of Peter Bos OLY (USA) and Kraft Schepke OLY (Germany)
- Tokyo 1964 Live Chat – A live conversation with Olympians who competed at the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games to hear their experiences and how the Olympic world has changed since 1964
- Japanese Olympians celebration – Bringing to life Olympians Association of Japan reunion events made possible by a WOA Grant
- Experience+ – Providing free entry for Olympians to a series of Japanese cultural experiences via the Airbnb Experience+ Programme
- OLY Arts in the Agora – Exhibiting the artwork of five Olympian Artists in Residence in the context of the Olympic Agora at Tokyo in the Nihonbashi neighbourhood
World Olympians Association Patron, His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco OLY, the first Olympian to leave his mark, said:
“OLY House is an opportunity for Olympians all over the world to come together during Games-time to share their passion for the Olympic Movement. Taking OLY House online for the first time at Tokyo 2020 allows us to bring even more of the Olympian community together and provides a digital space to celebrate and reunite.
“I’m delighted to be the first Olympian to contribute to the Leave your Mark initiative which is an important opportunity for all Olympians to be a part of Tokyo 2020 and to share their appreciation for everyone who has made the Games possible this year.”
World Olympians Association President, Joël Bouzou OLY, said:
“We’re excited to be launching our first ever online OLY House destination for Tokyo 2020 and to be bringing Olympians together digitally to celebrate the Games at a time when coming together in Tokyo is not possible. Alongside a series of online events and activities including the Leave your Mark initiative, OLY House Tokyo 2020 will be a platform for you to reunite with fellow Olympians during Games-time.
“As important ambassadors of the Olympic spirit, Olympians play a significant role during the Games and OLY House is a valuable space for Olympians everywhere to be recognised for their positive contributions to society. We’re looking forward to welcoming you to OLY House and to be opening our doors like never before to Olympians all over the world.”