Branding & Marketing
Maintain a close association with WOA
NOAs should be aligned to the mission and purpose of WOA: To serve the needs of Olympians thereby making the world a better place.
As members of WOA and as an important part of the Olympic Family, NOAs have a responsibility to respect the Olympic Charter and the IOC’s branding guidelines.
Important points about Olympic branding
Within their territories, National Olympic Committees are responsible for the use of the Olympic properties and related marks to promote the Olympic Movement.
The Olympic properties include:
- Olympic symbol (rings)
- Olympic flag
- Olympic motto
- Olympic anthem
- The words “Olympic”, “Olympics” and “Olympian”
- Olympic flame and torches
- And other related marks
NOAs must seek permission from NOCs to use the Olympic properties, and the Olympic properties can only be used for non-commercial purposes.
Using WOA’s brand
For the use of the WOA logo (or any part of it) or OLY in your NOA events and activities, please contact the WOA team in advance to request approval.
Developing NOA logos
Many NOAs create their own identity through the development of a logo. There are strict protocols for this so please take note of the important information below.
Dos and don’ts
- DO refer to the approval process below
- DON’T spend any money on logo design until you have an understanding with your NOC
- DON’T cover the rings by design or have them at an angle
- DO respect the colours of the Olympic Rings and display on a white background
- DO ask the WOA team when in doubt!
Here is the process to ensure that your NOA has taken the necessary steps before using your NOA logo. It can also apply to any event that your NOA is organising that uses the Olympic properties.
Updated on 15 April 2019